Friday, February 17, 2017

App Speed Dating

For our after school Digital Playground at Concrete Primary, I wanted to try something a little bit different this month. Since our session was scheduled for the day after Valentines Day, the iTeachers and I thought it would be fun to try out App Speed Dating! To get everyone ready for our session, I sent out the invitation on the right along with a brief description via email. In the email, I asked that everyone bring along their favorite new app or techie instructional idea to share with their colleagues.

Before the start of the session, I arranged the tables and chairs in a large U-shape, with everyone matched up with the person sitting across the table. I also put out some Conversation Starters and chocolates in the middle of each table. As I was getting everything ready, I knew that this was either going to be a great session or a total flop...



I love the way our Padlet Wall warm-up turned out...

Made with Padlet

The teachers brought excellent ideas to share, and it was awesome to see teachers teaching other teachers about the tools and apps that they love! Miss Joan made some amazing snack mix for us to enjoy while sharing, and based on the feedback form I'm happy to report that the afternoon was a success!



No comments:

Post a Comment